Friday, May 23, 2008

4 days and counting

I've got a about four days to go before I leave Michigan for the rest of the summer to intern at the Benjamin Franklin House in London. I'll be gone three whole months but don't worry, we'll keep in touch. To make it easier to keep in touch I thought I'd make this blog so all of my family and friends could keep up with my life across the pond. This will definitely be easier than sending out multiple emails to forward and it won't clog up your inbox! Plus, you can check whenever you want.

I'm really going to try to make an effort to keep this updated at least once a week. I'll be working four days at the Benjamin Franklin House as well as transcribing for the archive and of course, exploring London and all it has to offer me so I'll be busy but I'll make this a priority.

So here's the deal, I'll post stories and pictures of my adventures (I'm so bad at remembering to take pictures but I'll definitely make an effort this time around) and you comment when you can. It's no fun having a blog without anyone commenting back. I have my blog set on open comments so all you have to do is hit "# comments," and then write what you want in the box Don't forget to add your name so I know who you are. You can just click on "name/url" in the list under the box to leave your name without signing into to an account.

Alright, that's it for me now. I've got laundry to do and bags to pack!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea.

Tez said...

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Anonymous said...

Ash bo, your blog is pretty. Take me with you!

Anonymous said...

Aww geeze, Ashley. I changed my mind, I don't want you to go. I have to go be alone now...I think there's an inflammation in my tear gland.

Jen said...

HEY!!

We went and took pics of B. Franklin's House a little over a week ago! It's right by Trafalgar square and about a 15 minute walk from where I work!;-)

When you are settled in the U.K., You and Tez are more than welcome to visit our flat.:-) It will be nice having you both over.

~Jen