Where did I leave off? I believe I left off saying I'd be getting a phone and hopefully Tez a place. I got a phone but Tez and I are not having luck on finding a place. We called several places but they had all been snatched up. So, any good luck vibes in finding a place would be appreciated if you sent them our way. He's going to go look at a place tomorrow while I'm at my internship so fingers crossed like whoa.
So for most of Thursday we just hung out down in London in the rain really. We went and stood in front of the Benjamin Franklin House to check it out. It is on a really picturesque street! Check it out:
So Friday I had my trusty new phone with me and Tez and I set off to go to the BUNAC meeting. I got there and immediately met someone from Ann Arbor haha. The orientation was nice and pretty quick and then I was off navigating the tube all by myself. I made it to Tottenham Court Road to see Tez at work and from there I visited Trafalgar Square and went up and down the Thames all by myself! See?
The big feat was making it from the Thames all the way back to Tez's house in Luton which I'm also proud to say I accomplished (though I did skip the bus bit but now I can't avoid it). I traveled on the Circle Line to King's Cross where I took a train to Leagrave Station in Luton and from there I walked to Tez's house. It was all pretty easy thank goodness. But let me tell you, traveling to London every day is EXPENSIVE. So I figured while I was there I'd ride the tube as many times as I wanted to get my money's worth. So I did that but I still think I got ripped off. :P
Anyway, this is a short entry. For more pictures go ahead and click this link here
If that link doesn't work, let me know.
Also, I wanted to say thanks for the comments you guys. I have to admit I'm starting to get kind of homesick again and it's good to hear from you all. I will try to start commenting back when I can!
5 comments:
Hi good luck at your new job. I couldn't load your pictures could be on my end tho pretty inpressive pic taking. The eye and stuff witch is all I could see.
Ughh, your pictures on Facebook killed mmeeeee!! Everything looked so fabulous, and Ben's street is so cute! I'm glad you're having a grand ole' time, and good luck at your internship :)
Aw your pics bring me back lots of memories. Hope you had a good first day. Good luck with the flat hunting. Enjoy your time there.
Way to outwit their shady behemoth of a transportation system!!! You're officially an adventuress. So, by now you've completed day one at BFH, I know it went smashingly and can't wait to read about it.
I'm glad everything seems to be ok! It's weird....last July I was there and taking the same pictures you are! haha...and I know all of the streets too! I hope all is well, I miss you!
Post a Comment