It's barely been two weeks since I've arrived in England and things are still pretty dodgy. It's very frustrating.
Tez and I are still in Luton which means that I'm paying about fifty dollars a day to get down to London. Punch me in my face. I really didn't budget paying THAT MUCH for traveling since I had planned on being in London. I absolutely cannot keep paying that much money. I'm going to run out of funds quickly if it keeps going that way and I don't know what to do.
Tez is still looking for places in London so here's hoping he finds something soon because Ashley is going to be super poor. We did find a fare that we thought was a great deal, only 96 pounds a month but the website is terribly convoluted and the customer service people here are atrocious so what we had been told we could do and what we thought was a great deal has turned into a headache and probably false. So, whatever.
Furthermore, living with Tez's parents is getting a bit uncomfortable on account of the culture clash between us. I guess they don't really understand me and I don't understand them that well either. All the more reason for me and Tez to be on our way.
They did take us out to lunch yesterday for dim sum. It was pretty tasty. I liked the steamed pork buns. I even did my own grocery shopping afterwards at Asda and I'm still not used to all the different flavors and products England has to offer.
Anywho, I'm pretty stressed out about it all at the moment and frankly, I just want to go home but I can't. So, yeah. I don't know what I'm supposed to do but these last two weeks haven't been what I thought living in England would be like. I'm really hoping things change for the better because it just seems like a big black cloud has been following me since I got here.
Tez has been lovely though. Unfortunately, he got stuck with the night shift at his job this week so we'll be on opposite schedules. Odds are I won't see him til Saturday morning. Oy.
Super sighs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Aw (hugs)the first few weeks are challenging as you transition there, but am sure things will start to look up once you guys find a place in London. You'll feel more comfortable having your privacy and it won't be such a costly, time consuming commute everyday. Hopefully you'll be able to get a refund for your troubles. Try to make the most of this experience, time will fly by so quickly! Sending you lots of good vibes your way.
Wow I thought Boston was expensive to take the public transportation. That's insane! Don't worry though, just when you think things get bad and can't get any worse, they get worse. But then they get better! Haha, so buck up buckaroo, things will start working out!
It'll get better! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to find a place in London!
Ashley
I just e-mailed you and it should make you feel better about being in England!!!!!!!!! You will be great.Soon things will fall into a routine and that will make you happy.
I know how much you like things in order.
Love you very much. Chin up you can do it.
Love you
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Aww! I totally felt the same way. It's a lot of ups and downs. Don't let it get to you too much, though. Trust me, my parents are ready with the credit card to bring me home as soon as I say so because I've cried about it to them so many times; but I can't let myself give up that easily and neither can you! Good luck with finding a place in London!! We did eventually and you will, too. When you finally do get to the city we will have to hang out!
Hi Ash....I'm SO sorry you have having such problems w/transportation, etc. I can't imagine paying $50 per day!! That's insane! I'm sending prayers that you find your London place soon. The summer will fly by and hopefully you'll be able to look back at it as the best summer ever, like Kelli did when she worked on the Vineyard. At the very least, it's an experience that most of never get to have, so try to enjoy your English summer! XO
Hang in there Ashley...in a few weeks you won't want to come back!
mmm, dim sum... loves it :)
Post a Comment