Since last Monday I've done scads of things. SCADS! Last Tuesday was a crazy eventful day. My bus driver made me late for my train so I had to take a later one which meant I was late for work on the day I was told not to be late! The BFH was hosting a science fair in SoHo so we had to be scooting right away. So after running to work and flying up and back down the stairs at work I had to carry several cartons of juice and cookies over a mile at a speed walk and man, that was difficult. The juice kept falling out on the sidewalk and I was just thinking "Gah, why aren't we taking the bus?!" So yes, it was a warm day and I arrived at St. Anne's Hall beet red and sweaty and worn out like whoa and it was only 9:30 am.
Anywho, I decided to walk down the Thames towards the Houses of Parliament to visit Westminster Abbey.
So, after that I was off to the Victoria and Albert Museum but there was a delay on the Circle and District Underground Lines
Wednesday and Thursday were pretty typical days but something must've been in the air because I had some terrible asthma happening and kept needing my inhaler. Annoying but I'm ok now! Friday after work I stopped off at
Saturday Tez and I had a quiet day. We went to Luton to get some library books and look at the shops but mostly stayed at home. Sunday was quite fun. We went to Edmonton Green in London to visit our friends Jen and Jassen at their new flat. We attended their wedding around this time last year! We stayed their for ages and they graciously fed us pizza and other delicious snacks and played the Wii, which is a pretty great game console. Tez and I plan to definitely repay the kindness and have them over for dinner sometime before I go!
Monday was a completely useless day for me. I just stayed home and worked on bits and bobs and was generally a bum.
Yesterday was another busy Tuesday. We had two school groups in and a new intern named Elspeth start. Edited to add that I got to deposit the BFH earnings as well and I had to go to a bank called Coutt's which is the fanciest bank I've ever seen because it's the queen's bank! It had a massive glass front and I had to ride an escalator up to the main floor where I could do the banking. Everything was in marble and it had statues everywhere. I felt like a raggamuffin being there haha. Awesome! I was asked to stay til seven last night to help out with the National Children's Art Day event at the BFH. Unfortunately no children showed up so it was a bit of a waste of time. We really need better advertising! We were even asked to dress up for the event in the historical garb that our actress uses to give the tours.
So, three other girls also dressed up and all four of us stood on the porch waiting for guests and we attracted a lot of attention. We even had people coming up and asking to take pictures with us haha. A lot of strange looks and whatnot came our way as well. Bwaha! Too bad no kids came to draw Ben Franklin but at least we passed out a lot of pamphlets. It was good publicity anyway. After work I had some time to kill before meeting Tez again so I looked at Primark, a cheap clothing store and tried to find this store that sells American food but I couldn't find it. Darn.
This weekend I am going to be even busier! I'm going to be gone from Saturday morning to Sunday evening because of the Mighty Boosh music and comedy festival, Tez's company party south of London and checking out the sea side town of Brighton where I will dip my toes in the north Atlantic.
5 comments:
Yay you finally posted! I've been checking for updates XD
You look really tan in your Georgian loveliness, bwahaha.
I'm jealous you get to go to Brighton :)
Fabulous post, fabulous dress. You should sneak one home with you, I'd totally wear it (slightly modified).
You're such an adventuress, falling asleep in a park--in freakin' LONDON.
As for the festivities this weekend, have a lovely time, take lots of pictures, and please don't forget to relay my message.
Toe dipping? What? We discussed this,remember? There's no water anywhere near England. Place is landlocked. Maybe you're really going to visit someone's garden koi pond, and they just told you it was the seaside to get you to come over?
Aimee - Haha that tan is an illusion! I'm just as pale as I always am except for maybe my face on account of falling asleep in the sun bwaha. I'm hoping that Brighton works out. Tez might have to go be in a music video that his friend is shooting that day so we might head back to London and try for Brighton another day. Plus it's supposed to rain all weekend, sucks!
Ayah - Haha yeah I'd have to modify it. I didn't even fill out the bust. Guess I should've put on a corset. Falling asleep in London was quite an adventure, I only tell the best tales to you guys. Oh, which by the way I forgot to say that I got to deposit money for the BFH at the fanciest bank I've ever seen. It's the queen's bank too no less.
I'll be charging my batteries for a photo fest and yeah, you're totally right. England, landlocked! Well, I'll just call the koi pond the Atlantic and if I take a picture close up enough no one will be able to tell me it's not. Bwaha.
wow keeping busy!!!!!!!!!! good for you no time to be bored. The dress is great I think you should just were that style always. Travers was good 50 to 75 years probation in 50 no sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Glad to see things are looking up for you there and you're feeling more comfortable and adventurous! :) Just mind the thieves/purse snatchers when you're taking a nap in the park! :p. fyi I think if you attend a church service in the abbey, you get in for free. Have an enjoyable weekend. p.s lovely dress ;)
Post a Comment